# CLI Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting guide provides possible answers to common issues that may arise when using the Compose SDK CLI.
# Get Data Model Syntax
When running the CLI command,
get-data-model to generate the TS/JS representation of my data model there is a
syntax error near unexpected token error.
You may be using the wrong format for your arguments.
- For Windows Powershell use double quotes for your string type arguments.
- For Linux/MAC only use double quotes for string-type arguments that contain white spaces.
# Missing data model
After generating a TS/JS representation of my data model, I can't locate the generated model.
- Check the file path specified for argument
--output. If you are using a relative path, for example,
--output src/sample-ecommerce.ts, trace the path from the current directory you are running the CLI command in.
- If the file is not in the specified directory, check the directory's permissions and make sure you have write access.
- Check the authentication to your Sisense instance. See, the Authentication section in the Setup and Infrastructure Troubleshooting Guide for more information.
- Verify that your Sisense instance URL is correct.
- Verify that your Sisense instance URL is accessible. If it isn't, check your security, firewall, or VPN settings.
# Password Prompt
When using a token for authentication I still see the
Enter password for username message.
Don't provide the
--username flag together with the